Skip to main content

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

Insecurity makes us hold others back and limit their potential just so that we can feel better about ourselves. Insecurity makes us jealous of what others have. Insecurity makes us say horrible things about others so that we feel better about ourself. Insecurity makes us competitive and keeps us comparing ourselves with others Insecurity sounds like really hard work don't you think? That amount of struggling and striving will definitely lead to a frustrated, unsatisfied life! If you struggle with insecurity why not tackle it now so you can be free?

We can't walk around being insecure women, our identity needs to be placed firmly in our creator because we are made in His image. We are a reflection of Him. If you notice some of the above characteristics in you, why not ask the Holy Spirit to help you change them from today? No matter how much you might want to be someone else, you simply can't be. God has created you the way you are. He has given you unique gifts, talents and abilities. God likes who He made you to be!!! Has that thought ever crossed your mind? God likes YOU! He loves you and is crazy about you just the way you are because He made you that way. God does not make mistakes. Or as a cute cartoon I once read said; "God don't make no junk!"


So why not give up! Stop striving to be someone you are not. Rest in who you really are. If you are not sure who you really are because you have spent too many years trying to be someone else, find out by asking God to show you the truth of who He make you to be.

Do you remember that scene in Runaway Bride where Julia Roberts tries all the different types of eggs? She was always trying to be who she thought men wanted her to be so she said to each boyfriend that she like eggs cooked the same way they did. At the end of the movie she sat down with eggs cooked in all different ways and tasted them all so she could decide for herself how she like her eggs. This is a simple example but it gets the point across.

Perhaps you need to sit down and  figure out who you really are. I did that a few years ago. I started keeping a journal and every time I notice something that I particularly like or disliked I wrote it down. In this journal I also had a list of Bible verses that told me the truth about who I am in God's eyes. Over time I managed to get rid of the false self that I had created to please people and settled into being me, just me - the fearfully and wonderfully made me (Psalm 139:13-15). If you have some tips on how you have tackled insecurity or perhaps you just want to share about a struggle that you are in then please leave a message in the comment box below. I am sure other women would like to hear your story to be encouraged or to offer you some encouragement.

The photo above is of my beautiful, fearfully and wonderfully made baby girl, Amy. Isn't she gorgeous!

Love

Comments

  1. Thank you for the article on insecurity
    I really struggle with this and often feel jealous of others who have a
    happy family life and who are finiancially well off, especially the expats here in The Netherlands who live in big houses and can afford to send their children to private English-language Schools
    I know God loves me but so often I don't feel it and cannot settle when
    the children are away and I am alone
    It feels so empty
    I often wonder what effect this has on my children and if my insecurities influence them
    I want to be a good parent but often I am dissatisfied with my life here and long to move back to The UK
    Father give us strength to get through the daily struggles that life springs upon us and to feel secure in your love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke 10:19 (Amplified Bible)

    Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YO HELEN:

    I think mums are the most amazing people in the world, through the struggles that life throws at you, you're always there, even if your life seems to be going down hill, you lift your children up. When you feel down, or you feel like you're not giving your children all they deserve, just remember that you're giving them SOMETHING, you're giving them the bigger part of your life, you're investing in them, your time, money, and most important of all, you LOVE them, thats all they need to know, so when in doubt, tell them you love them, and make sure they know, because living in a big house and going to a private school is all very well, but if there is one thing that you can do that makes all of that seem like a grain of sand on the beach, or a drop of water in the ocean, its that you can love them, I know you do already give them all the love in your heart, and im sure they love you too, so don't worry about the material things you want to offer them, just offer them love :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jordan, you have made my day ,
    ( as well as making me cry!)
    What a wise and mature lady you are, your mum has done a good job!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen

    When i read ur comment my heart went out to u x
    I would like to share some things with u x
    When i was 4 my father left and i found it very hard and i was afraid my mum would leave me too.When she would take me to school i would watch her walk away waving bye bye and all i could do was crumble to the floor in a heap screaming & crying whilst the teacher would hold me. My mum of course each day would pick me up from school and i would hold her and hug her but the next day i would go through the same ordeal.
    My mum through it all was there! She held me close, she sung to me, we would pick daisies from the garden ( or other peoples on the way home hee he ssshhhhh ;-)) she would hold her hand out to me and i would hold it with everything i had and we would just walk.
    No amount of money could ever replace what my mum gave me and i dont know how old your children r and wether they r 4 or 30 as i now am,if they have u,they are the luckiest children ever!
    I have 3 boys. 10, 4 and almost 2
    I had a business that gave us material things and could have what we desired at times. We lost everything including our home last year and i was so afraid of how i culd give my children a good life and good education, but u no what, they are happier now than ever and my love for them has grown. They wanted their mum not a bank acccount and when i think about all the things my mum gave me - it was never material and i love my mum - it is an honour to be her daughter. Ur children are so blessed to have u x
    God made u and blessed u with a family and each family is different and unique.
    When i feel low, i look at my children - wether it be in person or on a photo and see them living life that God has given them and has chosen me to be their mummy. God chose u to be their mum because he knew u would love them and care for them and want the very best for them as God as our Father wants to do for us - U love them .....u have given them the greatest most perfect gift that God has given to man.
    xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. u r welcome Helen xx
    I hope it helps u xx
    Beleive in yourself, believe in who u r xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo
    can you pray for me for August as I am three weeks without my children when they go to their father and I miss them dreadfully
    Thanks,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will very much so pray for u and ur situation. I will pray for all peace and understanding. I will pray that God will hold u close to his heart and embrace u that u will know his love for u x

    God bless u Helen xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For Such a Time As This

Hello King's Daughters, It's been a while since I've been in touch and King's Daughters has been very quiet, in fact totally dormant.  During this time of dormancy, a seed has been growing inside of me and it's so strong that I have to seriously consider if it's God saying "It's time".  Time to start taking back what the enemy has stolen from us. Time to fight for our families, schools, churches, communities and nation. Time to pray together and be proactive, not reactive to what is going on in the world today. Time to talk about the complex topics that our churches may not be ready to discuss openly such as gender confusion and mental health issues. Time to learn how to generate an income or second income by using what's in our hands and to have extra to be generous to the world around us as we face economic uncertainty.  Time to find balance when everyone else is consumed by busyness. I have a story to tell, a struggle I've been through t

Conference Feedback

We had a beautiful day together on 8th September, thank you so much to you all for your incredible support and prayers. Feedback and testimonies have already started flooding in, have a read of some of them here . Also, keep an eye on our YouTube page as we update it with the speakers messages and conference highlight videos. We had the stunning Instruments of Praise gospel choir lead us in worship and it was truly heavenly. We also had Daughters of Davis who absolutely blew us away with their fantastic acoustic folk/soul vibe. Our Women in Business section was a real treat with stalls offering all sorts of beautifully displayed goods. Jill Chitty from the Entrepreneurs Circle spoke to the women in business offering practical tips for business growth. Other breakout sessions included a Hope for Justice talk by Naomi and Cynthia shared her testimony of life as a Samburu woman . Molly Catherine Beebee from Cirencester Creative Dance Academy dazzled us with

Hope's Journey

"There was a time when all I wanted was to die but now that I have tasted life I really don’t want to die until I have truly lived!" Hope's Journey is a heart wrenching account of Angela's struggle with depression and suicide.   "This book is helpful for people that are going through tough times as well for those who are trying to support them. It gives valuable insight into the feelings experienced in the midst of the situations as well as the tools Angela used to find her way through them. The tools are useful for anyone trying to find hope in dark situations, whatever they may be, and are helpful for leading a stronger, more balanced life." Ali Kirkwood  Available at: Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Kindle StudyGuide: Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | More Info  Contents: Introduction Suicide Eat, Sleep & Exercise Have a Checkup First Things First Make Hope Make List Tell Someone Choose Your Friends Understand Hormo