Skip to main content

God Chicks by Holly Wagner

I was so excited about sharing this book with you and have finally got all the children settled down so I can get on with it and am not sure where to begin now! How do you describe a book that has you in stitches with laughter but at the same time is so profound that you will not be the same ever again after reading it!  I must say I read it a few years ago and find myself reading it over and over as different things hit me during different seasons. My daughters also read it over and over again so our copy is well worn and always being read by someone.

My favourite chapter is the first chapter - the just be u chick. This chapter totally blew me away as I realised that it's OK to be me, totally me, and I don't have to copy anyone else for God to use me. Sounds simple enough but so few of us really believe that, most of us never feel good enough and are always working so terribly hard at being good enough. If you are a busy mum like me, I would highly recommend that you at least find time to read the first chapter of God Chicks! You can't really read the rest of the book until you have read that anyway as all the rest hinges on us being who we are.  Get your own copy of God Chicks on Amazon.

A message from Holly Wagner

Thanks for all of your kind words! And I am so glad that GODCHICKS has been a blessing to you. That was certainly my intention when I wrote it!! I knew there was a generation of women ready to make a difference in the world, and determined to do it by being themselves! Thank you for being on this journey with me...and for walking strong - with your crown on!

Love to you all!
xoxox
Holly Wagner

PS If you want, you can check out the next step of this journey by reading my latest book WARRIORCHICKS


Love

P.S. Don't miss a post, subscribe by email

Comments

  1. I absolutely love this book! I read it all the time and I will keep reading it until I can remember it word for word! I think that the women of today are so confused as to who they are and their place in this world, but this book really helped me to realise my place and my role in the world! And I am loving the freedom of just being me! I agree with what my mom said about reading the just be u chick, because it is soo important that we all know who we are, because when we know who we are, we realise just how much we can actually do!

    Every time I read this book, I learn something new that I can apply to my life, and its been such a fun and exiting journey and I would definitely recommend this to all women! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have started to read this book and i couldnt put it down!! I am just about to start the champion chick chapter - i am loving it and it makes u think about alot in our lives - well i am thinking anyhow hee hee
    it is already changing how i think about things and my heat skips a beat when i think about it that i am my Fathers Princess. Oh how he loves he and he calls me His XD oh how i love him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just finished the Friend Chick and something that i will be applying in my life is a follows ;
    Each person is an individual and we all all have different personalities but this we dont seem (i didnt)to really get, ive challenged myself to -
    1-instead of thinking that girl is too picky & detailed,learn to value her for her organisational skills!
    2-instead of thinking she's too hyper..make the choice to value her for her energy & spontaneity!
    3-instead of thinking she is toopushy & telling me what to do, b grateful she's in your life as u prob go more places!
    4 -instead of thinking she's a slug & hardly speaks...b grateful for her peaceful presence in a chaotic world!!
    Think about it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FANTASTIC!!!!
    I finally finished it and wow! To even apply a few things will totally change our lives.
    I encourage every women to read it :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

For Such a Time As This

Hello King's Daughters, It's been a while since I've been in touch and King's Daughters has been very quiet, in fact totally dormant.  During this time of dormancy, a seed has been growing inside of me and it's so strong that I have to seriously consider if it's God saying "It's time".  Time to start taking back what the enemy has stolen from us. Time to fight for our families, schools, churches, communities and nation. Time to pray together and be proactive, not reactive to what is going on in the world today. Time to talk about the complex topics that our churches may not be ready to discuss openly such as gender confusion and mental health issues. Time to learn how to generate an income or second income by using what's in our hands and to have extra to be generous to the world around us as we face economic uncertainty.  Time to find balance when everyone else is consumed by busyness. I have a story to tell, a struggle I've been through t

Hope's Journey

"There was a time when all I wanted was to die but now that I have tasted life I really don’t want to die until I have truly lived!" Hope's Journey is a heart wrenching account of Angela's struggle with depression and suicide.   "This book is helpful for people that are going through tough times as well for those who are trying to support them. It gives valuable insight into the feelings experienced in the midst of the situations as well as the tools Angela used to find her way through them. The tools are useful for anyone trying to find hope in dark situations, whatever they may be, and are helpful for leading a stronger, more balanced life." Ali Kirkwood  Available at: Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Kindle StudyGuide: Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | More Info  Contents: Introduction Suicide Eat, Sleep & Exercise Have a Checkup First Things First Make Hope Make List Tell Someone Choose Your Friends Understand Hormo

Conference Feedback

We had a beautiful day together on 8th September, thank you so much to you all for your incredible support and prayers. Feedback and testimonies have already started flooding in, have a read of some of them here . Also, keep an eye on our YouTube page as we update it with the speakers messages and conference highlight videos. We had the stunning Instruments of Praise gospel choir lead us in worship and it was truly heavenly. We also had Daughters of Davis who absolutely blew us away with their fantastic acoustic folk/soul vibe. Our Women in Business section was a real treat with stalls offering all sorts of beautifully displayed goods. Jill Chitty from the Entrepreneurs Circle spoke to the women in business offering practical tips for business growth. Other breakout sessions included a Hope for Justice talk by Naomi and Cynthia shared her testimony of life as a Samburu woman . Molly Catherine Beebee from Cirencester Creative Dance Academy dazzled us with