Skip to main content

Priorities & Seasons

Lately I have been looking at my priorities & have noticed that it is essential to understand the season that you are in in order to set reasonable priorities. For me it has been a bit of a struggle because I have done the whole stay at home mummy thing for years & have moved on to a career & then even moved onto starting my own company. My eldest daughters are 14 & 18 but I also have two new gorgeous additions to the family who are 10 months & 3. Lately I have been feeling the tension between the busy me that has been allowed to grow as my teenagers have gotten older & the mommy with 2 babies. It's kinda like I have to go back & do it all over again. I love my babies & my teenagers & I love my life! The thing that I have been working on though is defining & understanding this season in my life. I have to reset my priorities to God, husband & children ONLY. That is how it was when Lorah & Jordan were little & that was right for me for that season. Life got busier & more interesting as they got older but now with little ones & leading a church I have had to take a very careful look at what is realistic for me in this season of my life.

As women we may have many roles that we have to play in life, but we do need to clearly define our priorities. It will help us have harmony in our life. Here is a practical example of how priorities can help us. The other day I was working on a sermon & Amy was playing on the floor near to me. She got a bit tearful after a while & crawled up to me. If I hadn't clearly defined my priories I may have been annoyed at being interrupted while working. But since I have clearly defined my priorities it was easy for me to respond to Amy with lots of love because she is the priority not the interruption. The sermon was the interruption to my priority. Does that make sense? So I can still attempt to do other things with my life, but I have to keep my priorities in place. God, my husband & my children are the priorities, I can do other things but they can't interfere with my priorities. As a church leader that is often very tricky as people tend to think that all the needs within the church are the leaders responsibility. I love our church very much, but never-the-less, if someone in church needs me & my husband or one of my children needs me at the same time it is clear that one is my priority & the other is the interruption to my priority. For example there is no point in me being out in the community all day feeding all the hungry people & then coming home too tired to cook dinner for my own family.

I really hope this makes sense & is useful to you. I have found it very freeing knowing my priorities & my season. What season are you in & have you managed to set your priorities? I would love to hear your story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Conference Feedback

We had a beautiful day together on 8th September, thank you so much to you all for your incredible support and prayers. Feedback and testimonies have already started flooding in, have a read of some of them here . Also, keep an eye on our YouTube page as we update it with the speakers messages and conference highlight videos. We had the stunning Instruments of Praise gospel choir lead us in worship and it was truly heavenly. We also had Daughters of Davis who absolutely blew us away with their fantastic acoustic folk/soul vibe. Our Women in Business section was a real treat with stalls offering all sorts of beautifully displayed goods. Jill Chitty from the Entrepreneurs Circle spoke to the women in business offering practical tips for business growth. Other breakout sessions included a Hope for Justice talk by Naomi and Cynthia shared her testimony of life as a Samburu woman . Molly Catherine Beebee from Cirencester Creative Dance Academy dazzled us with

For Such a Time As This

Hello King's Daughters, It's been a while since I've been in touch and King's Daughters has been very quiet, in fact totally dormant.  During this time of dormancy, a seed has been growing inside of me and it's so strong that I have to seriously consider if it's God saying "It's time".  Time to start taking back what the enemy has stolen from us. Time to fight for our families, schools, churches, communities and nation. Time to pray together and be proactive, not reactive to what is going on in the world today. Time to talk about the complex topics that our churches may not be ready to discuss openly such as gender confusion and mental health issues. Time to learn how to generate an income or second income by using what's in our hands and to have extra to be generous to the world around us as we face economic uncertainty.  Time to find balance when everyone else is consumed by busyness. I have a story to tell, a struggle I've been through t

Hope's Journey

"There was a time when all I wanted was to die but now that I have tasted life I really don’t want to die until I have truly lived!" Hope's Journey is a heart wrenching account of Angela's struggle with depression and suicide.   "This book is helpful for people that are going through tough times as well for those who are trying to support them. It gives valuable insight into the feelings experienced in the midst of the situations as well as the tools Angela used to find her way through them. The tools are useful for anyone trying to find hope in dark situations, whatever they may be, and are helpful for leading a stronger, more balanced life." Ali Kirkwood  Available at: Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | Kindle StudyGuide: Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk | More Info  Contents: Introduction Suicide Eat, Sleep & Exercise Have a Checkup First Things First Make Hope Make List Tell Someone Choose Your Friends Understand Hormo